1. Brian Pinkerton (WebCrawler)
2. Craig Kanarick and Jeffrey Dachis (Razorfish)
3. David Bohnett (GeoCities)
4. Deidre LaCarte Steenman (Hampsterdance)
5. Garrett Gruener and David Warthen (Ask Jeeves)
6. Graham Spencer, Joe Kraus, Ben Lutch, Mark Van Haren, Ryan McIntyre and Martin Reinfried (Excite)
7. James Hong and Jim Young (HOTorNOT)
8. Jason Olim and Matthew Olim (CDNOW)
9. John Romero (id Software)
10. Jonathan Gay (Flash)
11. Joseph Park and Yong Kang (Kozmo.com)
12. Kaleil Isaza Tuzman and Tom Herman (GovWorks, "Startup.com")
13. Mahir Çağrı
14. Michael “Fuzzy” Mauldin (Lycos)
15. Mike Burrows and Louis Monier (AltaVista)
16. Paul Gauthier and Eric Brewer (Inktomi)
17. Pets.com Sock Puppet
18. Philip J. Kaplan (FuckedCompany)
19. Randy Constan (the Internet’s Peter Pan)
20. Sabeer Bhatia (Hotmail)
21. Steve Madere (Deja News)
22. Toby Lenk (eToys)
23. Todd Krizelman and Stephan Paternot (TheGlobe.com)
Looking through this list, the first thing that comes to mind is how unfair it is to leave off so many other qualified candidates -- here are just a few to get those memories flowin'!:
- Digital Entertainment Network (DEN) -- this company had all the makings of a modern-day reality show - money, sex scandals . . . the works!
- DrKoop.com -- the namesake of the former surgeon general that raised almost $100 million through its IPO and was out of money within about a year
- UrbanFetch.com, Webvan.com and Kozmo.com -- the trifecta of home grocery delivery disaster
- Boo.com - fashion flop
- Flooz.com and Beenz.com -- a little before their time?! Can you say "Facebook Wallet?"
- Kibu.com and Snowball.com - good idea (target young women) bad . . . ?
Wonder what the Web 2.0 list will look like . . . any predictions?!?